About the Role:
The Desktop Support Engineer role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
This is a varied and challenging role, for someone organised, enthusiastic and able to work both in a strong team, and individually and independently when needed. You'll have great attention to detail, and enjoy providing great customer service. Your responsibility typically spans all layers of customer interfaces. Within this role you must be able to work within your level of knowledge as well as being able to exercise initiative. You should be able to develop and plan to achieve a result and know when to seek advice/ clarification from management.
About the Duties:
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers.
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Install desktop application
- Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions lists for end users.
The Skills and Experience Required:
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware
- Experience with desktop operating systems, including Microsoft.
- Extensive application support experience with Microsoft Office.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Strong documentation skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills
Please complete your application by clicking on the "APPLY" button below or forward your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Online applications are preferred however for a confidential enquiry please call on 08 9221 8122